1350mm Two Shaft Adhesive Tape Log Slitter
- Ball Screw Cutter Stand
- Automatic Water Supply Cooling System
- 3-inch(φ76mm) Cutting Shaft
- PE Tube 75.4mm Shaft Sleeve
- Servo Motor Driven Cutting System
|Item||Two Shaft Adhesive Tape Log Slitter|
|Application||Suitable For All Kinds Of Tape Such As PVC, Masking, Double Side, Bopp Packaging And Foam Tape…Etc.|
|Paper Core I.D||Min.26mm-Max.77mm Changeable|
1350mm Two Shaft Adhesive Tape Log Slitter
Instead of utilizing fasteners, screws, or welding, adhesive tapes combine a substance and an adhesive sheet to connect or join objects together.
When you utilize adhesive tapes instead of mechanical fasteners, you can use lower-temperature applications. It can make production processes easier.
For making adhesive tapes, the most frequent slitter used is the log tape slitter. Let’s read more about the working and uses of adhesive tape log slitter.
- What is the adhesive tape?
- What backing material is used to make an adhesive tape?
- How can I select a good adhesive for my tape?
- What are the types of adhesive tapes?
- What is a two-shaft adhesive tape log slitting machine?
- What is the working process of two shaft adhesive tape log slitter?
- Slitting with a razor
- Slitting with a shear
- Slitting of Scores
- Who is the best manufacturer of log slitter?
- What is the cost of an adhesive tape log slitter?
- Is the log slitter machine fully automatic?
- Can I customize my log slitting machine?
- Is adhesive tape slitter suitable for high-speed working?
- How Should I maintain my Log slitter?
- Is the log slitting machine certified?
What is the adhesive tape?
Liquid adhesives are messy and time-consuming because they must be sprayed or rolled onto the surface before bonding. Adhesive tapes are a perfect solution for automated product production.
Furthermore, sticky tapes can safeguard your surface area because they do not require the use of fasteners or screws, which can damage the surface.
Adhesive tapes are made up of a backing or carrier (paper, plastic film, cloth, foam, foil, etc.) that is coated with adhesive and, if necessary, a release liner.
After that, the adhesive-coated carrier or backing is rolled up into a long jumbo roll of tape. To make many rolls of tape, the giant roll is slit into small width bands. Each roll and its composition are unique, allowing for a wide range of bonding solutions to be adapted to specific purposes.
Figure 1: Adhesive Tape Slitter
What backing material is used to make an adhesive tape?
The carrier or backing substance used in adhesive tapes and films varies. The most frequent backings/carriers are listed below.
- Paper: Paper tape is also known as flat back tape since it has a paper backing.
- A woven cloth or fabric layer is often included in a cloth backing for reinforcement, increased strength, and heat resistance.
- Felt or non-woven tapes are frequently used to protect substrates from scratches.
- Foam: Glue-coated foam backing tape has a liner that protects the adhesive. Foam is frequently used for weather-stripping, sealing, and mounting.
- Metal Foil: Flames, temperature extremes, and high humidity are all resistant to aluminum, aluminum-reinforced, and lead backings.
- Metal tapes are typically used to seal joints and seams against water and humidity. To add robustness, aluminum foil is bonded to paper or plastic films.
- In the production of multilayer printed circuit boards, copper foil backing is used (PCB).
- Plastic Film/Polymer: Plastics are divided into two types: thermoplastics and thermosets. One or more plastic layers can be found in plastic items. They are made out of a clear, colored, printed, or plain plastic film. They can be single-layered or multi-layered, and they can be coupled with paper and/or metal.
- PET/Polyester: PET/polyester items have a PET or polyester backing, which can be in the form of a film or a laminate. Mylar is another name for this material.
- Polyimide tape is made out of a heat-resistant polyimide film and a silicone adhesive. Flexible circuit materials can be made with polyimide films as a substrate.
- Over a wide range of conditions, polyimide film maintains outstanding physical, mechanical, chemical, and electrical properties. (Kapton Tape is another name for it.)
- PVC/Vinyl: To resist wear, weathering, and abrasion, polyvinyl chloride (PVC)/vinyl products have a vinyl or PVC backing.
- Rubber: A conformable self-fusing rubber electrical insulating and sealing tape can be made using a rubber backing.
- Silicone is an excellent material for gaskets, insulators, press pads, and die-cut components. Silicone backing comes in a variety of grades to meet different needs.
- Acrylic films are made of polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) or polymethyl-2-methyl propanoate and are plastic or thermoplastic resin films. Acrylic films are extremely clear and UV resistant.
- Fiberglass composite material or a glass layer that resists shrinking, rotting, or burning gives outstanding stability in severe situations.
- Filament tape, often known as strapping tape, is made up of thousands of filaments (typically fiberglass) twisted into strands and implanted in the adhesive. It’s a tough and adaptable material that lets you bundle objects that are similar or oddly shaped for transport or storage.
Figure 2: Material to Make Adhesive Tape
How can I select a good adhesive for my tape?
To choose the best glue for your project, you must first understand the application and the backing or carrier that will be utilized.
- Acrylic adhesives are more resistant to the elements and have a faster setting time than conventional adhesives.
- Epoxy resins are noted for their toughness and resilience to chemical and environmental degradation, as well as their high strength and low shrinkage during curing.
- Rubber-based adhesives, which are commonly based on butadiene-styrene, butyl, polyisobutylene, or nitrile compounds, create highly flexible bonding.
- Silicone adhesives and sealants are extremely flexible and resistant to extremely high temperatures.
- Isocyanate and polyurethane adhesives offer greater flexibility, impact resistance, and durability.
What are the types of adhesive tapes?
Pressure-sensitive adhesive tapes, thermally activated adhesive tapes and even moisture-activated adhesive tapes are all options. Latex gums, for example, stick to themselves.
In dry form, pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSAs) are tacky at room temperature.
They stick to a variety of surfaces and only need to be applied with a finger or hand.
PSAs attach to materials such as paper, plastic, glass, wood, cement, and metal without the use of water, solvents, or heat.
The temperature during application should be temperate between 59 – 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
Lower temperatures may cause the adhesive to “wet” or “cover” the substrate insufficiently.
Extremely high temperatures may cause the tape to stretch during the application, causing additional stress in the finished product.
Water-activated tape, also known as gummed paper tape or gummed tape, is a kraft paper backing with a starch or animal glue-based adhesive that becomes sticky when wet.
A water-activated tape is a low-cost option for sealing and closing boxes.
Because they are self-adhering, non-adhesive tapes, films, and laminates do not have an applied adhesive.
Thread-sealing tape made of PTFE is a non-adhesive tape.
Figure 3: Types of Adhesive Tape
What is a two-shaft adhesive tape log slitting machine?
Jota Machinery makes Two shaft adhesive tape log slitting machine that is suitable for cutting the roll logs of adhesive tapes.
The following components make up the majority of the log slitting machine.
- It consists primarily of an unwind stand, an unwinding shaft, a magnetic powder brake or an air brake, and other components.
- It is used to transport log rolls of various materials; material feeding begins at the unwinding section.
- The next part is mostly made up of numerous idler rollers and drive motors, and it is responsible for material feeding.
- The slitting portion slits the wide logs into multiple narrow strips and is mostly made up of the upper knife roller, lower knife roller, upper blades, lower blades, spacers, and other major components.
- The winding part is primarily made up of winding shafts and a winding motor, with the thin strip cut after slitting being attached to the winding shaft and twisted into a small roll of a specific diameter in accordance with the rotation winding.
- The control section is primarily made up of key components such as a PLC, tension controller, frequency converter, and other components that act as the brain of the complete slitting rewinder machine, delivering commands to other machine components and ensuring orderly operation.
- The wasting section is primarily used to gather waste, with common ways including blowing off trimmed waste using a blower and using an independent waste edge rewinding gear, among others.
Figure 4: Two shaft log slitter machine
What is the working process of two shaft adhesive tape log slitter?
The log slitter’s operating concept is that the tape log material is released from the unwind stand, enters the cutting section after passing through various rollers and EPC.
Then enters the rewinding part for finishing roll forming.
The slitting length can be adjusted indefinitely.
Setting settings can be used to calibrate the actual slitting length if it has an inaccuracy.
The process involves the following steps.
Slitting with a razor
The single-sided or double-sided blade is put on a fixed blade holder, and the blade is dropped during the slitting rewinder machine’s running operation, cutting the web material lengthwise to fulfill the slitting objective.
Razor slitting is most commonly used to slit thin plastic and composite films.
Slitting with a shear
The revolving male and female circular blades are fashioned like a “scissor” to longitudinally cut the incoming web in shear slitting.
Female blades are often mounted on a roller, while male blades are either put on an independent holder or attached on a shaft like female blades.
It has excellent slitting quality. Dust generation can be efficiently reduced even while the machine is running at high speeds, and the service life of both blades can be extended.
Shear slitting can be used on a variety of materials, including paper, laminates, films, foils, tapes, textiles, and others.
Slitting of Scores
Crush cutting, also known as score slitting, has always been the most preferred slitting method, especially for older slitting machines.
An idler roller with a hardened surface is used in this technique to cut material against a rotating blade. The idler roller is also known as an anvil roll or crush roll.
When compared to razor slitting, switching between slit widths is a breeze.
Score slitting can be used to process tapes, nonwovens, textiles, foams, rubber, and a variety of other materials.
Figure 5: Working of Two Shaft Log slitter
Who is the best manufacturer of log slitter?
Manufacturers of log-slitting machines include Germany, the United States, the United Kingdom, and others.
These European and American firms create high-quality cutting and log slitting machines, but they come at a considerable price.
If your budget allows, you can get your preferred slitting rewinder machine from one of the above-mentioned suppliers.
If your budget is restricted, our Chinese manufacturer’s slitting rewinder machine is a viable option.
Many Chinese suppliers are now following the high-quality development path, and they are becoming more concerned about machine quality.
High-quality and competitive costs may be organically integrated when combined with the advantages of China’s whole industry chain.
Jota Machinery is one of these suppliers.
What is the cost of an adhesive tape log slitter?
The cost of a log slitter varies greatly.
Some log slitters are merely a few thousand dollars. Slitters with large width slitting machines in Europe, the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Italy can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Unwinding width, unwinding diameter, winding diameter, machine quality, and customization of numerous unique features, such as:
- Knife placement is done automatically.
- Threading of web pages on the fly
- Unloading is done automatically.
- Web navigation that is automated
Constitute a lot a determining the price of the adhesive tape cutting machine.
If you want to buy a log slitting machine, it’s best to have a good awareness of your production environment and your machine’s requirements so you can have a good idea of the pricing and the machine’s estimated budget.
Is the log slitter machine fully automatic?
Yes, your two-shaft log slitting machine is fully automated.
The log slitting machine is installed by Jota with an automatic CNC and PLC system.
These devices include a touch screen interface and monitor the entire log slitting, cutting, and gluing operation.
You may adjust the size, frequency, and time on the machine, and it will produce the desired result based on the instructions.
It also packs, counts, and collets the sticky tapes automatically.
Can I customize my log slitting machine?
Jota provides you the facilities of customization which means that you can make changes to our designs and propose your own.
We take machine parts from our trusted supplier and use the latest technology to make sure that your products are updated.
The servo tech system ensures the speedy working and high output of the machine. The two shafts used in the log slitting machine enhance the efficiency of the adhesive tape slitting machine.
We are just one call away. Talk to our customer service providers and you’ll get your desired products.
Is adhesive tape slitter suitable for high-speed working?
Your log slitting machine is specifically designed for high-speed operation.
The automatic system greatly aids in increasing the machine’s work per day output. Furthermore, the machine’s high-speed operation is aided by the lack of physical labor.
This is due to the fact that the machine encounters no obstacles and works smoothly.
If machines are left alone, they will work more efficiently and save you time.
How Should I maintain my Log slitter?
If you own a business, you’ll need to keep your log slitter machine in good working order all of the time.
- In order to increase output, the technology utilized in online printing machines must be efficient.
- Inspect your machine for wear and tear and ensure that it is properly lubricated.
- Clean your slitter rewinder and change the inks on a regular basis.
- Grease the functioning parts of your adhesive tape log slitter machine.
- Double-check to be sure you’re using the right oil for the job and that it’s of good quality. If you use inferior oil, it will cause wear and tear on the moving parts.
- Examine the wiring of all electrical components. Examine any wires that aren’t secure or have come loose from their terminals.
- Any damaged cables should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Occasionally blow dust particles from the wire with a blower. On the electrical wires of a log-slitting machine, never use a damp towel.
Ordinary workers, on the other hand, may struggle to tell whether a log slitter is functioning properly. As a result, you’ll have to engage a professional.
Jota machinery can be used to test your tape log slitter. It can also evaluate your needs to ensure you receive the best slitting equipment.
Is the log slitting machine certified?
Yes, the log slitting machine has been fully certified for use as a new machine in your company.
It possesses every legal authority to function on both a national and international scale.
All of Jota’s machines have a legal business certificate as well as a CE certificate, ensuring our team’s high-end performance.
You are free to request any machine as long as it does not give you any problems.
Figure 6: Ce Certified Log Slitter
We Jota could also supply the following related machines, if you are also interested in any type, please feel free to send us an inquiry:
- Hot Melt Thermoplastic CFRP CFRTP Prepreg Manufacturing Machine
- Fully Automatic Toilet Paper Maker
- Automatic Facial Tissue Making Machine
- Plastic Film, Fabric, Aluminum Foil Slitting Rewinding Machine
- Paper Sheeter
- Paper Tube Making Machine
- CFRP CFRTP FRP Prepreg Slitter
- Paper Drinking Straws Machine
- Label Die Cutting Machine
- Flexo Printing Machine
- Cardboard Tube Cutting Machine