Leading Thermal Paper Slitter Rewinder Machine Manufacturer
- Various type thermal paper slitting machine available
- Adopt famous brand spare parts
- Choice of Portugal famous brand Navigator
- Customer service footprint across the world
Thermal Paper Slitter Rewinder Machine
Thermal Cash Register Paper Slitter Rewinder is always Jota’s core product from the very beginning.
Jota thermal paper slitting machine’s iconic clients include Navigator, SS Labels, K.M.S Group, etc.
When you are shopping in the supermarket or having dinner at a restaurant and swiping your credit card, there is a small cash roll of paper, which is very popular nowadays. It is thermal reception paper or thermal cash register receipt paper. There is a great demand for this kind of paper in the current market, and it penetrates all aspects of your life. Therefore, the thermal paper slitting converting should be a good business for you, it is with a small investment and quick return.
As a professional thermal paper slitter rewinder machine supplier, after 20 years of industry precipitation, we could now provide a full set of thermal paper cashier receipt solutions chain from A to Z, from base thermal paper mother roll, paper core (plastic core), thermal paper slitter rewinder Machine, thermal paper printing machine, cash roll finishing wrapping line, and packaging film, we could provide a full set of professional solutions.
Submit your requirements now, we will recommend a suitable thermal roll slitting machine to you.
Jota Machinery: Your Trustworthy Thermal Paper Slitting Rewinding Supplier in China
Jota is a reliable thermal paper slitter rewinder supplier, we have our own factory and CNC center.
We are able to offer a one-stop solution for your thermal paper roll business.
To OEM your desired thermal paper roll machine, please submit your request to get a quote.
- Visible high-quality components
- Famous brands such as Siemens, Yaskawa, Delta, Schneider, Mitsubishi
- Self-supporting CNC processed sheet metal, precision parts
- Assembly raw materials provided by long-term cooperation suppliers
Installation and operation user manual, wire connection diagram, tension controller guide.
Installation and operation video tutorial.
One-on-one remote video call assistance.
On-site installation and operation guidance.
|Max. Unwinding Width||1400mm|
|Max. Unwinding Diameter||1000mm|
|Max. Rewinding Diameter||300mm|
|Min. Slitting Width||25mm|
|Max. Machine Speed||300m/min|
Around 30-45 days, mainly depends on machine type.
Sure, it is our honor to work for you.
We will offer you some parts as backup, in case any part is broken within one year, we will sent you for free.
Sure, if we have client in your country, we will offer.
What Should You Consider On How To Choose Good Quality Thermal Paper
Technology is an amazing thing! Thermal paper has dominantly taken over the business scene as far as issuing receipts is concerned, thanks to thermal printing technology. However, you may be lost on how to be sure that the thermal paper you are buying is of good quality.
Thermal paper has chemical coatings that make it change color when exposed to heat. The high-definition images and durable, reliable, fast, low-cost service are what you look for in a good thermal paper.
Thermal rolls are made from thermal paper slitting rewinding machines; thermal papers come in different sizes. They are your jewel crown for use in debit and credit card machines, fax machines, thermal printers, atms, and pos systems.
This piece will discuss tips to what should you consider on how to choose good quality thermal paper. You don’t need to hire an expert to do it for you.
Moreover, we will discuss the presence of BPA in thermal paper, the technology behind the thermal paper, and what not to worry about BPA and thermal paper receipts.
For these and much more, continue reading!
- What you should look for？
- The technology and structure of the thermal paper.
- Who should buy a thermal paper?
- Does the thermal paper have BPA?
- Should I be concerned about BPA and paper receipts?
- Does thermal paper need ink?
- How does thermal printer work without ink?
- Is thermal paper waterproof?
- Factors that lead to faded thermal paper receipts.
- Is it possible to recover faded information on thermal paper?
- Is thermal paper reusable?
- What is the difference between regular paper and thermal paper?
What you should look for？
Whether you are new to the world of thermal papers or a seasoned user, you need to be clear in your mind about what you are exactly looking for in your thermal paper purchase. These tips will help you make the right choice.
- Paper roll size
- Quality of paper
- The price
- Buy in quantity
- Paper roll size
You may need to know that thermal paper rolls come in variable sizes in length and width. Therefore, don’t just buy any size. Consider the width of your thermal printer to determine the width of your ideal thermal paper. Go for longer thermal papers since they are economical as they produce more receipts. It is economical to have printers or machines that can use the same size as the thermal paper.
- Quality of paper
Unless you find credible manufacturers and suppliers of thermal paper, it is rare to find thermal paper whose stated length is precisely the actual length. This fault is common with online purchases. So, it would help if you took extra precautions by sourcing your thermal paper from a credible source. Secondly, the print’s clarity and neatness are determined by the quality and thickness of the paper. Go for high-quality paper to avoid blotchy print images.
- The price
Cheap is expensive. However, make the right choice by comparing market prices that fit your budget. Be sure to get the quality for which you pay. It is okay to get a good thermal paper at a slightly higher price. Bulk buying will attract discounts that will help you save money. If you are a relatively new buyer, you can depend on referrals from satisfied customers to be sure of both the price and quality. You can also look at online product reviews before you trust your source.
- Buy in quantity
We advise that you purchase in bulk depending on your transactions and thermal paper needs. Quantity buying saves time, lowers costs, and attracts discounts. It would help if you also considered the shelf-life of the thermal paper and your storage space before you commit to buying in bulk.
Store your thermal paper in a dark place with a temperature below 25 degrees celcius and in an environment free from toxins. Your thermal paper can last for not less than three years from its manufactured date under the circumstances. This arrangement will guarantee convenience and sufficient supply for your business.
- Other considerations to look out for
- The coating of the thermal paper is present
- The heat sensitivity of the thermal paper should be correct
- Thermal paper archivability
- The texture of the thermal papers.
- Moisture tolerance of the paper.
While the tips mentioned above are broad and basic, you may need to look into some finer details of the thermal paper you plan to purchase. Here are more considerations that will enhance your choice:
- The coating of the thermal paper is present. Not all papers come with a top coat which is good for extra protection against adverse environmental conditions. We advise that you buy thermal papers with this topcoat for assured durability and quality output of print images. If your budget is restraining and you are comfortable with thermal papers without the topcoat, you are free to make that choice.
- The heat sensitivity of the thermal paper should be correct. Your thermal papers come with two sets of heat sensitivity- low heat sensitivity and high heat sensitivity. The reaction of the thermal paper to heat depends on its heat sensitivity level. Notably, to get the best quality image from your thermal printer, the heat sensitivity of your thermal paper should be inversely related to that of the printer.
- Thermal paper archivability. You need a thermal paper with the ability to retain the print image for long if you are printing documents that may require future referencing. Your storage should equally be sound and ideal for maintaining the document against weather effects like heat, humidity, and related conditions.
- The texture of the thermal papers. We advise you to go for thermal papers that are smooth on both sides of the roll. Rough surfaces of the thermal paper accumulate dust which affects the printer’s head. This dust may also be a health hazard to workers.
- Moisture tolerance of the paper. You may be concerned about the ability of the paper to withstand weather changes that make the environment humid and moist. In this case, go for a thermal paper enhanced with moist resistance chemicals or synthetics that withstand moisture. It would be best if you also were sure to store thermal paper receipts in dry, cool, and dark places.
The technology and structure of the thermal paper.
Thermal printers use the science of heat transfer from the printer to the thermal paper, with the heat taking the form of the desired image. Once the paper is heated, it produces the image of the figure anticipated.
The thermal paper changes color due to a coating that responds to heat. Small compact thermal printers are designed to transfer the heat on thermal paper quickly to produce the images without the conventional use of cartridges and tonners for ordinary paper printing.
The structure of thermal paper comprises of three layers which include:
- The base layer is essentially the thermal layer.
- The pre-coat layer comes after the base layer. It is useful in enhancing heat insulation, uniformity, anchoring, and evenness of the thermal layer.
- The thermal layer is vital for producing images and prints when it encounters thermal energy. This layer has sensitizer and dyes, which change color when heated.
- The topcoat layer is the last, and it is responsible for enhancing the longevity of images and prints.
You may need to know that not all thermal papers have the topcoat layer. Interestingly, you can customize your thermal paper rolls during manufacturing to suit your customer and business interests.
Who should buy a thermal paper?
Thermal paper comes in various sizes, qualities, and uses. Thermal paper slitting rewinding machines add cash rolls, thermal rolls, atm rolls, pos rolls, fax rolls, and convert big reels into other small paper rolls. All this work is meant to supply your business with your desired thermal paper needs.
If you are in a business where you must issue pos receipts, make labels, issue tickets, make medical charts, etc., thermal paper rolls answer your daily needs. We say so; so strongly because thermal printing uses small compact thermal printers that are easy to maintain.
If you are working in the food store, drugstore, supermarkets, banking industry, hospitality industry, transport sector, health sector, and essentially in every sector of the economy, this is your ideal product.
The beauty of thermal papers is that they are affordable for small and large business owners. You can always find a good thermal paper suitable for your budget.
Does the thermal paper have BPA?
Bisphenol a, also known as BPA, is one of the components useful in manufacturing thermal paper. BPA is a synthetic chemical.
Due to health concerns after studies revealed that high concentrations of BPA can cause cancer, more thermal paper manufacturers are adopting technologies that produce BPA-free products.
However, this health risk concern is greater for those working in companies that still manufacture thermal paper with BPA and not thermal paper users. This is because this risk is associated with high concentrations, not the faded ones available on thermal paper.
So, for the persons only handling the thermal paper as a receipt or for a limited time, there is no cause for alarm. To distinguish between a thermal paper with BPA and the BPA-free type, scratch the printed side of the paper. If you notice a dark mark appearing, the thermal paper contains BPA.
Should I be concerned about BPA and paper receipts?
BPA is not only known to cause cancer when consumed in high concentrations but is also known to cause reproductive and neurological problems, poor immunity, type 2 diabetes, child asthma, metabolic and cardiovascular diseases, and possibly Alzheimer’s disease.
Thermal paper and associated BPA may be the least of your concern since you rarely handle thermal rolls as frequently as it can be said you are seriously exposed to the effects of the substance.
Thermal papers are not the only items containing BPA. Other BPA products include:
- Canned foods.
- Plastic water bottles.
- Household electronics.
- Plastic baby bottles.
- Plastic food packaging.
- Cds and dvds.
- Eyeglass lenses.
As stated above, the person who should be concerned about BPA is the employee working in a thermal paper production line where BPA is still used. Prolonged working hours, lack of safety precautions, and exposure to high concentrations of BPA can be harmful to health. People working with thermal paper roll cutting machines are not endangered at all.
However, there is no major concern for the end consumer of thermal paper, who only handles receipts or thermal paper rolls. This reality is so because the highest dose known to be toxic is 25,000 micrograms per kilogram per day. Compare this amount to an average of 54-79 micrograms of BPA per square centimeter of a thermal paper receipt.
In case you don’t still feel comfortable handling thermal paper, here are your four safety precautions:
- Just decline your need for a receipt. But be sure you will not need to account for your expenditure later.
- Avoid placing the receipt with unwrapped food items or with raw produce.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling receipts and before eating, as always.
- If you frequently handle thermal paper, use nitrile gloves to minimize your exposure.
We, however, advise the general public that there is no major health risk issue handling thermal receipts.
The thermal paper does not need ink. It is, on the contrary, impregnated with chemical agents that change color. It is exposed to heat to bring out an image or a print.
The paper is cut into various sizes and lengths using a thermal paper slitter. To make your desired image, you need to have a thermal paper printer specialized in printing images by transferring heat on the thermal paper. So, you don’t have to spend money on buying ink and cartridges!
The thermal printer is largely automated and produces images in milliseconds. This printer uses little energy and is very easy to maintain. It is very easy to use.
How does thermal printer work without ink?
Thermal printers don’t need or use ink to print images. These printers use thermal papers- which are special papers with heat-sensitive chemicals coating.
The thermal paper is heated when electrical currents generate heat on the print head of the thermal printer. In turn, the thermal paper changes color on the heated areas of the paper, producing the desired print or image.
Thermal paper can only be used in a thermal printer since it can only bear images when it is subjected to heat. So, the printer does not need ink as does other types printer with ordinary paper.
Other benefits of using thermal paper
Other than the fact that thermal paper does not require ink and other associated accessories to print images, you get more benefits for choosing thermal paper.
- Thermal papers produce high-quality and accurate images. Unlike images made with ink, thermal-produced images are very accurate and appealing. They don’t fade easily.
- Fast output. Compared to ink-based printers, thermal printers are fast and ideal for high-volume transactions. Workers are more productive using thermal paper than ink printers.
- Affordability of thermal papers. Thermal papers are cheaper compared to other mediums of producing receipts and images. Thermal paper will go a long way to cut down on your printing inputs and raise your profits.
- The durability of thermal papers. Thermal papers are highly durable, with more than three years of shelf life. This quality of the thermal paper makes it convenient and dependable.
- Low maintenance cost. Thermal papers don’t require high maintenance inputs. You will have nothing to worry about if you outsource them from a reliable source. Thermal paper roll cutting machines work for you by cutting them to your desired size and rolling them in readiness for use. Besides, all you need to do on the printer is clean and clear it’s head through regular wiping. Serving thermal printers is not as frequent as the ink-based printers.
- The versatility of thermal papers. Thermal papers are not limited to the printing of shopping receipts. These papers are also used in pos applications, gas stations, atms, and the health care industry. Due to its ability to produce high-quality images and versatility, thermal paper is precisely your preferred paper of choice for your printing needs.
Is thermal paper waterproof?
Not all thermal paper is waterproof. However, thermal paper has a higher water resistance than ordinary paper, even when it’s not waterproof.
You can print waterproof images on thermal paper, which is resistant to tears, smudging, and light scuffing. If your business needs are such that you want waterproof thermal print-outs, you can buy them from manufacturers and suppliers. You can place your order if you want it customized for you.
Thermal paper can also be scratch and chemical-resistant. But such thermal papers are expensive and highly durable. They are used for high-definition images that need to be archived for many years as historical references.
Factors that lead to faded thermal paper receipts
You may have come across thermal receipts whose print is faded and not very easy to read. Some may be very new, while others may have taken time. At the onset, it’s important to know that thermal receipts can portray their print for at least seven to ten years without fading.
So, which factors influence thermal receipts to fade?
- Thermal paper quality
- Storage conditions
- Structural make-up of the thermal paper
- The printer head condition
- Compatibility of thermal paper and the printer
Thermal paper quality
Thin thermal paper prints fade easily compared to thick thermal paper images. Some may take a few months, and they lose their prints.
It’s important to note that some transaction receipts don’t require longevity. They can serve you well if you don’t need to keep their records for long. These thin thermal receipts are cheaper compared to the thicker ones.
The storage conditions may influence the fast fading of receipts. If your thermal receipts are exposed to moisture, light, heat, and chemical agents, their images may be highly compromised. The same applies to the storage of unused thermal paper rolls.
Make sure you store your receipts or thermal paper rolls far from elements of weather that affect them even when they are thick and waterproof quality. You are better off investing in a secure and high-end storage facility than regretting losses due to lost information.
Structural make-up of the thermal paper
Thermal papers without the topcoat may fade faster than those with this layer. This topcoat layer enhances the longevity and quality of thermal paper images.
Insist on buying thermal paper with a topcoat layer for long-lasting prints and images. This type of paper may cost you more, but it’s worth it.
The printer head condition
The thermal printer head may be dusty or defective. This condition will mean that your printer is not efficient in releasing heat on the thermal paper. The net effect will be producing a faded receipt.
Clean your printer head regularly by wiping it. If it is defective, seek some technical assistance to restore it to order.
Compatibility of thermal paper and the printer
As earlier discussed, the heat sensitivity of the thermal paper should be inversely proportional to that of the thermal printer. When your thermal paper heat sensitivity is low, the printer’s thermal output should be high for effective and quality images.
Where the opposite is true, for instance, the images will fade when both the printer and the thermal paper rate are low on thermal sensitivity. Make sure your thermal paper rolls are the inverse of your thermal printer. You can read your printer manual for more information on the best paper.
Is it possible to recover faded information on thermal paper?
Emphatically yes! There are various ways in which you can recover your documents. Such include:
- The use of paperistic app.
- Applying heat on the concerned thermal paper to enhance the appearance of imprints.
- Digitally restoring the images through scanning.
Is thermal paper reusable?
BPA and other phenols make it difficult to clean them off thermal papers. These chemicals make thermal paper difficult to decompose. These chemical elements make it impossible to recycle thermal paper healthily.
What is the difference between regular paper and thermal paper?
Unlike regular paper, thermal paper is coated with chemicals and dyes. When subjected to heat, the dyes react to the chemicals leading to a colored form that portrays the desired image. The colored form is occasionally red or blue, but it is typically black.
Thermal paper is your answer to your daily printing needs despite the size of your business and the industry you are involved in. The key to good quality thermal paper is credible and trusted manufacturers.
We guarantee quality thermal papers, and we also deal with good thermal paper slitters. You are well informed to make the right choices for your business growth and innovation.
Make your business the joy of your customers with good quality thermal paper from jota machinery.